The new year offers a new opportunity to take stock of how your congregation is serving its mission.
Invite your leadership team to take stock of your current program offerings.
- Is the program bringing in new life in the form of new participants?
- Is the program a brain-drain or money pit, or is it using resources in proportion to its impact?
- Does the program have a connection to Unitarian Universalist core values, ethics or theology?
- Is the program encouraging people to spiritual growth?
- Does it set yearly goals and stretch goals, then work to meet them?
After all, we are the “living tradition,” not the “living dead” tradition. 😉
-Rev. Renee Ruchotzke CERG Leadership Development Consultant